Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How do you take your blog photos???

Hello All!! As a fairly new blogger, I have come across some problems that I didn't foresee. The most annoying and frequent problem is lighting while taking photos.
I have my own successful business and it really is difficult for me to take my blog pics while there is excellent lighting, because I'm at work during those times. So, usually I wait until the weekends to get that perfect afternoon lighting. Even so, I have to take my pics near a window and that sometimes isn't always the best option.
How many of you bloggers out there use a light box? Did you buy one? Did you make one? Do you use other sources of light or don't use a light box at all? How to you get your photos looking good?!!!
HELP!
I borrowed these photos from amandascookin.com. She has an awesome photo tutorial on how to make your own light box. She even has some photos of images that she took with and without the light box.
Check out her site!

4 comments:

  1. I have the exact same problem. I've actually purchased a set of photography lights on Amazon and they helped. Photoshop helps a lot, especially for brightening/sharpening/etc photos. I've heard some people setup light boxes like the one above but have yet to try that. It is hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't built a box for it yet, but I have a natural daylight lamp that I purchased at Wal-Mart for around $20. I can definitely tell the difference & I don't have to worry about when I take pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I struggle alot when taking pictures, especially for swatches..If you get any good tips please pass them over..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a foam core like, portfolio i use to take all my pictures on, and i have a few lights in the area

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there lovely reader! Leave a comment and make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...