Thursday, December 16, 2010

Review: Smashbox Eye Wish Palette 2010

A couple of weeks ago (maybe longer?) I attended an event at my local beauty boutique named Pout Cosmetics.  Not only am I super excited that my little city has a beauty boutique, but it's gorgeous!  They have two locations, and I couldn't be happier.  Check out their blog, or if you live in this neck of the woods, check out their locations!

Anyway, I picked up a couple of items for myself to try out.  One of these items was the Smashbox Eye Wish Palette 2010. 

It was only $45 and it came with all these goodies:
  • 12 Eyeshadows
  • 4 Cream Liners
  • Travel sized mascara
  • Travel sized Primer
  • Helpful makeup look cards
  • Cute Box


Super cute, right?  Each eyeshadow and cream liner is numbered.  The shadows get darker as the number increases.  Overall, the shadows are pretty creamy.  There were a few that felt a bit dry, but overall they are great quality.

The cream eyeliner colors are amazing!  I did try them as an eyeshadow base, and I did notice some creasing.  But, as an eyeliner, they are superb.
Here are those little makeup cards I mentioned.  They each have a special look that you can recreate using the numbered shadows.  They are pretty helpful, especially if you are used to doing the same technique over and over again.

These are ugly swatches, sorry guys!  I swatched some of their darker colors.  Number 10, 11, and 9, in that order.  The eyeshadows are pretty pigmented and my favorite as of right now has to be no. 9.  These were swatched with no primer in natural daylight.

Overall, I am happy with this palette.  It's very inexpensive, the eyeshadow sizes are generous, they include some extra goodies, and even the box can be reused when the shadows run out.  Keep in mind that these shades can be used for a natural eye or even something more dramatic for nitetime. 
I know that in comparison to last years palette, Smashbox decided to keep it safe.  That's fine with me, but you may not like that.  Either way, Smashbox has some amazing products that are worth checking out.
Have a great day!
xoxo
-C

2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful palette! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it too! I think it's still available on Sephora.com. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete

Well hello there lovely reader! Leave a comment and make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...