I had recently been looking for an alternative to my trite and true Secret Clinical Strength deodorant. I have read so many horrible things about the aluminum in deodorant that I thought I would give a "natural" deodorant a try. I decided to start with Lavanila's The healthy deodorant that I had seen several times at my local Sephora. This is what Sephora.com says about this deodorant.
The Healthy Deodorant
What it is:
A clinical-strength deodorant that is 100% natural, safe, and effective.
What it is formulated to do:
LAVANILA The Healthy Deodorant uses beta-glucan technology to effectively fight odor while soothing, conditioning, and strengthening the skin. It goes on clean, with no sticky wetness, and delivers long-lasting, luxurious results.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Synthetic Dyes
What else you need to know:
This dermatologist-recommended, non-irritating, allergy-tested formula does not contain aluminum or mineral oils.
(Information gathered from Sephora.com)
Here are my thoughts.....
- Smells amazing! The one I purchased and used up was in their lavender vanilla scent. I would have liked to try their grapefruit vanilla scent as well.
- It is not a "wet" deodorant. It goes on dry and pretty much stays that way.
- The packaging is adorable and sophisticated.
- Void of any nasty chemicals such as aluminum!
- The formula is smooth. It feels silky as you glide it on.
- Unlike using my Secret deodorant, I was able to wash off the residue of the Lavanila easily in the shower. I'm sure that feeling was a side affect of the aluminum or the other chemicals my old yucky deodorant.
- Unfortunately, this deodorant did not last all day. I had to reapply mid day.
- The price is kind of steep for deodorant ($18)
- This deodorant also caused a rash under my arms. I know, I should have discontinued it's use, but I wanted to use it all up!
- Both a pro and a con, the scent somehow mixed with my body chemistry and developed into an awful smell towards the end of each day. Am I just weird??
- Since the formula is somewhat creamy, it did cause white deodorant stains on my shirts and under my arms.
Guess I have to keep looking :(
Have you tried this deodorant?
Do you have any other suggestions for a "natural" deodorant?